Free Linux for Robotics Course - Python
Learn the Linux fundamentals you'll need for robotics development
Do you want to become a ROS Developer? If the answer is yes, then knowing how to work with Linux is mandatory.
At present, ROS is fully support only by Linux systems. This means any ROS-based robot uses Linux, so if you want to create programs for these robots, you have to get ready with Linux.
In the Linux for Robotics course, you will master essential Linux knowledge in order to get started with ROS.
What you will learn
- How to navigate through a Linux filesystem
- How to interact with a Linux filesystem
- How to edit files using the Shell (vi editor)
- Manage access to files (Permissions)
- Create simple Linux programs (Bash Scripts)
- Manage execution of Linux programs (Processes)
- How to connect to the remote computer of a robot (ssh)
Unit for previewing the contents of the Course.
Learn some of the basic and most important commands and tools you need to know in order to be able to work and interact with Linux-based systems.
Advanced Utilities I
Learn some advanced utilities that will allow you to interact deeply with a Linux system, such as managing file permissions, bash scripts and environment variables.
Advanced Utilities II
Learn some advanced utilities that will allow you to interact deeply with a Linux system, such as managing Linux processes and the ssh protocol.